Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Variety Pizza & Deli

Ordered from: Variety Pizza & Deli

Stewart's Cream Soda
Popcorn Chicken
Grilled Cheese (w/ french fries)
French Fries (oops!)
Spaghetti
$25.99 with tax and tip

NHam: I got the popcorn chicken, which is good - better than D'Carlitos, although like those these also came with marinara sauce, which I continue to not understand. I'd recommend getting these if you have your own sauce or getting some honey mustard on the side. (I ended up not eating much of the popcorn chicken and dunking the garlic bread that came with KHam's spaghetti in the marinara sauce. Tasty!)
I also got the grilled cheese, which is very good, although not what I thought it would be - this was almost more like a "fried cheese" sandwhich. It felt like they took a long sub roll, applied some olive oil, and dropped it in the fryer. The result is that it's nice and light and flaky. Very nice surprise.
Finally, I got the fries - and I accidently got both fries with the sandwich and on the side - and although they were kind of cold, they were at least edible and not mushy, to which I credit the fact that they almost felt like they had been battered before being fried. Good stuff, and although they would have been better hot, as always, fries are the hardest thing to get right with delivery food, so being edible at all is a plus.

Would I order again: Most certainly.

KHam: There wasn't enough sauce on it. I mean, it was good. It's kind of hard to fuck up take out spaghetti. Um. I'd order there again. I should probably stop ordering spaghetti everywhere.

Would I order again: I just said I would!

1 comment:

  1. I just started laughing out loud as soon as I saw Katie got spaghetti again!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete