Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mild Wally's

Ordered from: Mild Wally's

Ziti Marinara (Regular)
Spaghetti Marinara (Large)
Garlic Bread
($20.59 plus tax and tip)

KHam: They have, hands down, the best sauce of any take-out place or restaurant at which I've ordered spaghetti. If I could get away with it, I'd like to order the large spaghetti and eat the entire fried dough by myself and when I'm covered in sugar I like pretending I'm a cocaine dealer. The large spaghetti makes awesome leftovers, I try not to eat all of it at the first sitting. On top of that, they deliver pretty promptly, and I love the fact that you can get Ben & Jerry's delivered even though we didn't get it delivered this time.

Would I order again: Yes.

NHam: I'm not the spaghetti expert here, so I don't know that I have a lot to say. (cue huge paragraph): I got the ziti, which was good, although the sauce inevitably separated a little bit. The chunky parts of it are good as a open-faced sandwich using the garlic bread as the, um, bread. You know, the bottom part.
Since I don't have a lot to say about what I got this time, let me talk about something we sometimes order: The "Big Fried Dough". They're not fucking around with this fried dough. It is indeed Big, easily as large as a full-size pizza, and covered with powdered sugar. It's really good, and we didn't order it this time only because, frankly, it can be kind of a mess; Cutting it, let alone eating it, without getting grease from the dough everywhere is tough, and not spilling the powdered sugar is impossible. I'd recommend eating it if you're about to throw all your clothes in the laundry and hop into the shower and possibly wash your floor, but otherwise, while good, it's a little bit too much of a hassle. Also, I promise this is the last time I write more about something we sometimes get but didn't than about what I actually got this time.

Would I order again: We order from here all the time. If you're out of what you need to make spaghetti at home, hit this place up.

No comments:

Post a Comment